Minnehaha County, South Dakota
2020 Commissioner Liaison Assignments
|Human Services, VSO|
|Juvenile Detention Center/JDAI|
|Mental Illness Board|
|SDACC Board of Directors/Primary|
|SELC-Sioux Empire Leadership Council|
|Family Visitation Center|
|Inter-Lakes Community Action|
1. How long have you served on the Minnehaha County Commission?
Over four years.
2. When were you first elected/appointed?
3. Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Jamestown, ND and lived on a farm until 1966 when my family moved to Colton, SD.
4. What kinds of schooling have you received?
Tri-Valley grade and high schools. University of South Dakota School of Nursing.
5. Besides being on the Minnehaha County Commission, what is your current job?
6. What boards have you served on?
Past Cub Scout, Boy Scout Chairperson, 10 years on the Tri-Valley School Board, 6 years on the Siouxland Library Board of Directors and Minnehaha County Task Force on Home Rule.
7. What do you see for the future of Minnehaha County?
Continued Economic growth and a safe place to raise a family to live, work and play.