Minnehaha County, South Dakota
• The Human Services Department is available to accept applications for financial assistance Monday through Friday at 7:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on a first come first served basis.
• If possible, we encourage the completion and submission of an on-line application prior to arriving at our office by clicking on the ‘Apply for Assistance’ link below.
• Each unmarried adult in a household is required to complete a separate application.
• When completing an application, you will be able to choose between a phone interview or an office interview.
• If you choose to register for an account on-line, you will be able to save and return to your application process to complete, upload documents or reapply.
• If you request assistance with local Bus Passes ONLY you do not need to complete an application if you have applied for assistance at our office in the past, simply come to the Human Services office and seek assistance at the front desk. If you have not applied at our office before you will need to complete a brief application, and (if able) you can do so by clicking the "Apply for Local Bus Passes Only" link below prior to reporting to the office.
You will need to provide:
•SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS (for all Household Members)
You may be asked to bring additional documents for verification, for example:
•2 MONTHS WORTH OF WAGE VERIFICATION (Pay Stubs)
•OTHER INCOME VERIFICATION (i.e. proof of Child Support, Social Security, TANF, Unemployment, and/or any Tax Refund)
•COPY OF YOUR LEASE & RENT/DEPOSIT AMOUNTS
•LANDLORD’S INFORMATION: Name, Address, Phone Number
•EVICTION NOTICE OR DISCONNECT NOTICE (if Applicable)
•NOTE FROM YOUR DOCTOR IF UNABLE TO WORK
•ANY EXPENSE RECEIPTS (i.e. Medical Bills, Car Repairs, Medications)